Skip to content
What We Do
- Education – to promote greater awareness of sexual orientation and gender identity issues.
- Action – to work to end discrimination against people in church, society and our own organization.
- Support – to help people of all sexual orientations and gender identities find support and community within the United Church.
How We Work
- Affirming Ministries Program – We established and continue to operate this church-wide network
- Website, www.affirmunited.ca
- Newsletter, Consensus
- Three-day conference featruing speakers, workshops, entertainment, and worship, in a different Canadian location each summer, in conjunction with our annual general meeting
- Advocacy and Information – We write letters, submit briefs and proposals, and meet with church and government decision-making bodies. Our displays, information tables, workshops, and educational resources support this work.