Affirm United has always been a volunteer, self-funded organization. We use your donations carefully and gratefully; your time, money, and commitment keep us loud and proud. Through you, our national network keeps in touch and expands its reach, helping the United Church and Canadian communities become fully inclusive of people of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
The vast majority of our annual budget is funded by donors and individual or organizational memberships. We also thank the Mission and Service Fund of the United Church for its annual grant of up to $2,000.
Affirm United/S’affirmer Ensemble is a federally registered charity (Business number 87449 1772 RR0001). You’ll get a tax receipt for your membership, and a tax receipt for any donations you make.
When you make a donation, we’ll send a tax receipt. There are five ways to donate or pay membership fees:
- by cheque/cash/money order,
- by joining The United Church of Canada’s pre-authorized remittance program (PAR).
- by credit card through Canada Helps
- by credit card or Interac, debit card via PayPal
- by e-Transfer payable to Affirm United / S’Affirmer Ensemble, (be sure to include your faith community or invoice number in the memo) contact email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What does my donation support?
When you donate, or when you pay Affirming Ministry and personal memberships:
- You help new ministries enter the free-of-charge Affirming process by enabling workshops and accompaniment for them- sometimes for several years. At least ninety ministries are currently in the Affirming process, and your donation helps them all.
- You help keep our network in touch, in English and French, through the website, social media, newsletter, and more.
- You support outreach and displays at national and regional events.
- You pay for part time staff who focus on communications and networking.
You support diverse participation at our annual conference.
- You enable our all-volunteer leadership to gather face to face twice yearly
- You support new initiatives like our participation in the United Church’s living apology to sexual- and gender-diverse communities, or pastoral care for those facing discrimination in their church.
- And more!
Our annual report includes year-end statements and budgets that will give you full details on the work your contributions support.