Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia, which means it’s a great day to live out loud! Here at Affirm United/S’affirmer Ensemble, we support and love you no matter who you are or who you love.
It’s also a day to take action. 2SLGBTQIA people deserve safety and welcome, and we still have to fight for it. How can you help take action against homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia?
· Learn about the history of this day here.
· Take the pledge at It Gets Better Canada to help support their work and to show 2SLGBTQIA+ youth that their stories matter.
· Support AU/SE in our work of education, action, and support for the 2SLGBTQIA community.
· Learn about what it means to be an Affirming congregation. Check out this series from Affirming Connections about the path to becoming Affirming in a small town.
· Show up in your community: find something like your local Pride organization or a queer youth centre and show up for them. They need your time, resources, and support! Just ask them what they need and how you can help.
· Start planning your Pride Sunday service! Check out these resources from the United Church of Canada.
How are you taking action against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia?